Mumin Aid Zakat Fund
“No people ever withhold the Zakah of their wealth but rain is withheld from the sky.” [Ibn Majah and Al-Hakim]
The rate of Zakat is 2.5%, i.e. 2.5 cents in every dollar
If you’re a Muslim, it’s essential that every bit of your offering reaches those who need it most. We are one world, and by paying Zakat, you are fulfilling both a spiritual duty and an obligation as a kind, caring and responsible human being.
KAFFARAH AND FIDIAH
£6.00 (or its equivalent in local currency) per fast per day, totalling £190.00 for the whole month in the UK).
Kaffarah is made when someone deliberately misses a fast or intentionally breaks their fast during the month of Ramadhan. Such a person will have to make-up for the missed fast/s and do one of the following:
- fast for sixty consecutive days or
- If one is unable to fast the sixty days for a legitimate Shar’ah reason e.g. very old age or a chronic illness that makes fasting very hard then the person can do one of the following:
- Feed sixty poor people two full meals a day;
- Feed one poor person two meals a day for sixty days;
- Give sixty poor people 3.5lbs, or 1.6kgs of wheat, flour, fine flour or its value in cash or feed one poor person for sixty days.
- Give sixty poor people 7.5lbs or 3.5kgs of dry dates, barley or its value in cash or feed one poor person for sixty days
The above (A B C and D) are summed up in monetary form as being £6.00 (or its equivalent in local currency) per fast per day, totalling £190.00 for the whole month in the UK).
Fidiah, on the other hand. is paid by those who are unable to fast owing to illness, old age or infirmity. Fidiah consists of paying for 2 meals for a person per day of fasting missed.
The current rate of Fidiah is £6 per day. For 30 fasts of Ramadan the amount is £190.00